Thursday, June 19, 2008

Up close and personal with the bee balm





I planted this last year in hopes of attracting butterflies and maybe even a humming bird.

I love the pretty red tubular petals of this flower and it goes so well with my cone flowers and my butterfly bush. Yesterday while I was setting close by I saw a beautiful orange butterfly come by for food. As I set and watched I just had to go inside for my camera. Now I didn't get the butterfly, perhaps another day I did grab my micro lenses and decided to get up close and personal with the bee balm. I really like what I saw. I love photographing flowers and really getting into the flower to see all of it's beauty.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love monarda. I can't seem to find red, though. All the ones I've seen at the nurseries are hot pink, dang it.

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger