Monday, August 22, 2011

Tennessee River and a Maggie Valley Monarch



My mom and I had the pleasure and fun of going to the mountains for a couple of days a couple of weeks ago.  The cool part was we could stop any where we wanted to so we did.  I had mapped out knit shops and Cato's along the way.  Our first night was in Maggie Valley NC. We stayed at the same motel we stayed out last year.  They have a butterfly bush there so when I go up the next morning the butterflies were at it so go me a picture of a beautiful monarch.  When we left Maggie Valley we hit the Blue Ridge Parkway and took that over to 441 and took the back roads in to Gatlinburg Tennessee.  We found us a motel that was on the river so we could go out on our balcony and see the river.  We ate like pigs while we were there and shopped like we had no sense.  We had a blast.  On the way back I took a different route and hit #81 to Bristol Tennessee where I was able to have a cup of coffee at the down town coffee shop.  It was there I discovered that there was a knit shop in Abingdon Va and a Cato's so off we went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger