Saturday, October 30, 2010

ok so my grandmother has shingle's

Well this was unexpected. She hadn't been feeling good  for a couple of day's it was as if  she was having flu like symptoms but no fever and then my mom called  and said I believe granny has shingles. She has  some blisters  that have developed.  So  I went over and I swear some were so big you could see the swelling through her pants, and then when I saw her thigh it was so red and blister  looked as if she had scalded herself which I knew she had not.  So off to the er to find out what was going on.  It is shingle's  the doc said.  So now  she is home  Thank God for that, on meds  and resting and of course the meds are making her sick to her stomach.  I have never seen shingles before but once you do  you won't forget it  that's for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, your poor Grandma! I've had them, but my girlfriend made sure I saw the doctor right away. She didn't say so, because she didn't want to freak me out, but the pain was right above my eyebrow, and she was scared spitless I'd be blinded, which can happen.

    My Auntie Jewel, though, had them in her late 80's or early 90's, and they were AWFUL. All across her back, and scabed over black. I felt so sorry for her.

    Hope your Grandma gets better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that sounds scary. Thank you we are hopeing she is on the mend

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger